Monday, March 27, 2006

 

Aloud


"Aloud"
June 2004

I made Aloud directly after the Mocca Comic Convention two years ago. Conventions tend to make me crazy. Too many eyes, ears, and opinions. Don't get me wrong, I'm there to show off my artwork/ both comics and paintings. I just can't help but feel like a target for criticism. After all I am putting myself out there. Not easy for someone who is exposing his insides.

Drawing comics to me is hard work. Turning a complicated script into something fun or interesting can be tough. Deadlines can literally make you sick with worry. The competition alone scares the shit out of me. Everyone and their mother wants to create a comic book... or draw Spiderman.

Painting the way I do there are no rules, save one: Being true to myself. Total freedom to express whatever I want. It's my own unique voice. One I flaunt aloud.

By the way, can you identify the face in this piece? It belongs to an actress.

You'll soon be able to see both sides of my artwork at marcodileonardo.com which will be launching in a few weeks. Stay tuned.

Comments:
nice cuñado!!! I really like your work!
 
Thanks Sylvia.
I'm happy to be part of the family.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?